UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jul 2018, 10:08 am   #21
boxdoctor
Rest in Peace

Default Re: UHF Senders

The ones with a mains lead have a rather useful small mains transformer inside, as they were made before SMPS became the norm for such devices.
This makes them worth rescuing from skips etc. for the transformers, and also the very useful small metal case fitted to most of them.. Tony
Old 13th Jul 2018, 11:52 am   #22
Gulliver
Hexode

Default Re: UHF Senders

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie_m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
I may or may not have started a pirate TV station at Aston University in the early 90s using a slightly modified video sender.....
Out at Handsworth, by any chance? I had heard rumours of something similar going on there .....
I have no knowledge of any illegal activities.
Closed Thread