UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jun 2011, 7:01 pm   #21
teetoon
Heptode

Default Re: Can you ID this power supply ?

Hi again, The power supply has now been re homed. I've been reading the "vintage air conditioning" thread and there is mention of 32 volt supplies for radio's etc. Could this have been what this PSU was built for? I know some of you think it was a battery charger, but if that was the case, surely it would have had a 12 volt charging output ? I could only use it to charge 2 12 Volt batteries in series as the output could not be lowered anywhere near 12 volts, and the volt meter had a red line at 35 volts. That would make me think it was intended to be used around that voltage, and having the 110 volt output still makes me think it was used to power american equipment. Perhaps we will never know.
David.
P.S. This is a picture of an old battery charger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Battery Charger.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	52594  
Closed Thread