UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 30th Sep 2020, 8:51 pm   #1
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Fitting a speaker protection circuit .

Having repaired the amp in the Grundig r35 tuner/amp I decided to fit a speaker protection circuit , It was one from C.P.C a velleman k4700 It comes with a mains tx and very comprehensive instructions , It took about 35min to assemble and test , fitted and wired up ,works perfect ,I would recommend this model . Mick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0026.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	216735   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0027.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	216736  

Last edited by vinrads; 30th Sep 2020 at 8:58 pm.
Old 1st Oct 2020, 11:16 am   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Fitting a speaker protection circuit .

Neat!

I've had a lot of success over the years with Vellemann kits - they work as-intended, and often the kit works out cheaper than sourcing all the parts separately - specially if you think about the time-cost of laying-out, etching and drilling your own PCB!
Old 1st Oct 2020, 12:00 pm   #3
vinrads
Dekatron

That is what persuaded me to go for the kit ,when you think about it ,a mains tx two relays ,and all the components plus the PCB all for £24.19 a bargain. Mick.
Old 1st Oct 2020, 5:31 pm   #4
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinrads View Post
Having repaired the amp in the Grundig r35 tuner/amp I decided to fit a speaker protection circuit ,

Nice one, Mick. Neat little kits, these. I hope you have many years' service from your tuner/amp now!

Cheers
Old 1st Oct 2020, 7:08 pm   #5
vinrads
Dekatron

Thanks Al. I can't get over how sensitive it is on VHF , that is on my wire dipole in the shack. Mick.
Closed Thread