UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Sep 2016, 10:09 pm   #1
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Exclamation TES AF1077 FM/AM Signal Generator problems

As this S.G. is at least 25 years old I guess it qualifies as vintage. Anyway the problem is that, when switched to Stereo there is no output, although in FM Mono and AM modes everything functions as it should. Replacing a faulty 4558 IC(the subject of another thread) partially solved the problem in that it prevented the o/p meter on the generator sticking at FSD in FM stereo mode, but I've now discovered that most of the function switches have developed high resistance contacts, no doubt due partly to the age of the instrument, and to the environment in which it is used (my workshop is in a cellar) The switches are DPDT Push Button types, three of which interlock, the others act independantly. As I'm unlikely to be able to source replacement switches of the correct size & type, it seems that I'll have to be content with it working in mono on FM, since replacing all the switches with standard DPDT types is impractical, and applying first Servisol Super 10, then WD40 didn't improve matters. The Generator, btw, was made in Milan, and I don't have any contact details for the manufacturers or know if they even still exist!
Old 16th Sep 2016, 6:40 am   #2
thermionic
Heptode

Default Re: TES AF1077 FM/AM Signal Generator problems

Try applying a shot of 'DeOxit' to the switches, I have found this to work where Servisol 10 hasn't. It's not cheap, but it's good.

It's available from the BVWS at swap meets, or by post.

Good luck.

SimonT.
Old 16th Sep 2016, 9:13 am   #3
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: TES AF1077 FM/AM Signal Generator problems

Thanks for the suggestion, Simon. I kniow about Deoxit, but have never used it yet.
Closed Thread