UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Feb 2019, 10:53 am   #21
Beobloke
Heptode

Default Re: Transcriptor Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancymay View Post
Photo attached.
Unfortunately EBay insists it is PayPal. Wouldn't let me post as cash only.
I think you are at least obliged ‘offer’ PayPal but you do not have to use it. Make it clear in the auction that you will only accept cash on collection and if someone wins it and pays you by PayPal, refund the payment straightaway.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 11:33 am   #22
m0cemdave
Octode

Default Re: Transcriptor Skeleton

I may be getting a bit close to the forum rules on discussing ebay here, but for the benefit of Nancymay:

They do allow you to insist on cash payment if the item is "collection only", and you can add that to your listing description.

This is to avoid a potential problem that applies to Paypal in general, regardless of the sales platform. Paypal's buyer protection scheme allows them to refund payment for non-delivery of a purchased item. Clearly there can be no automated proof of delivery if it has been collected from the seller and there have been a few reports of scammers taking advantage of this.

So if you do use paypal, get a signed receipt from the buyer on collection and preferably also a mobile phone picture of them with the item in their hands. An honest buyer should be happy for you to do this if you explain the reason in suitably diplomatic terms.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 12:00 pm   #23
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Re: Transcriptor Skeleton

Hi,
I remember seeing these deck being advertised back in the day. I've wondered since then how they would cope with newer, thinner, 'flimsy' LPs? I suspect they would sag between the supports causing the playing surface to undulate up and down.
Cheers, Pete.