UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 12th Sep 2005, 4:41 pm   #1
howard
Nonode

Default Roberts RFM3

Hello again,

Just a brief account this time as this 15 year old RFM3 didnt need a lot of work. This RFM3 was one of my eBay purchases whose condition didnt quite match the glowing description in the eBay auction. Basically it only needed a clean and it works perfectly. However, the perspex tuning scale had been vandalised by a child with a sharp object and there were random patterns all over it ! I managed to get a brand new scale from Roberts in Isleworth (£2.75 + VAT) and the eBay seller very kindly paid for it. I also managed to obtain two rubber feet from another collector which were missing. I also replaced the badge which was damaged, the one on this RFM3 the only black rectangular badge that Roberts still stock (£1.50 + VAT).

The RFM3 is my favourite amongst the Roberts range, in my opinion one of the cutest little VHF radios ever made, it came in lots of colours and it doesnt take up a lot of space ! A radio definitely worth holding on to.

Howard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rfm3.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	1439  

Last edited by howard; 12th Sep 2005 at 4:46 pm.
Closed Thread