UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Aug 2005, 3:21 am   #1
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Rigonda Bolshoi and others ?

Nick, Paul - interesting stuff, thanks

(Maybe a friendly moderator would care to spin this off to a 'Russian Radios' thread as it's wandering rapidly away from service info I've already found.)

I'll keep my eyes peeled on eBay and elsewhere; if they're not either massively rare or highly desirable, there's some hope I'll get my hands on one eventually.

It seems I've gone from idle curiosity as to availability of service info for one set in my collection, to discovering a whole new selection of interesting radios to collect. The Internet's good for that

So... can anyone recommend any other interesting sets (though I suppose that depends on one's definition of 'interesting')? For me, that means nearly anything with valves in, and the larger, higher-quality transistor portables - big speaker(s), VHF coverage, nice tone

Kat

PS, I promise I'll add a Hacker Sovereign or something to the collection; I really should have one, I know...

Last edited by Chris_C; 31st Aug 2005 at 4:15 pm.
Old 31st Aug 2005, 4:23 pm   #2
Chris_C
Hexode

Default Re: Rigonda Bolshoi and others ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Manton
(Maybe a friendly moderator would care to spin this off to a 'Russian Radios' thread as it's wandering rapidly away from service info I've already found.)
Done as requested