UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Aug 2005, 12:34 pm   #1
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Radiophile

Hi Gents, you should be pleased to hear that Chas is still going strong and the next edition of Radiophile (102) is presently at the printers.

Ed
Old 9th Aug 2005, 9:38 pm   #2
Photo_Tube
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Radiophile

Had a look at the website last night, its never been updated, do they still do auctions ?
Old 9th Aug 2005, 11:55 pm   #3
evingar
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo_Tube
Had a look at the website last night, its never been updated, do they still do auctions ?
I believe they do still have auctions :-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...read.php?t=281

WRT web updating, I understand Mr. Miller isn't "big" on modern forms of communication such as The Web and email!
Old 10th Aug 2005, 12:28 am   #4
KB-KR20
Triode

I attended the swapmeet at Sambrook last month. Although not as large as some previous Radiophile events it was a very pleasant afternoon and I was able to purchase useful items both from the few stalls and from the auction which lasted about 3 hours and moved (I would estimate) 200+ lots. Good company and conversation was available from several people who share our interests, many having travelled a fair distance to attend.
Mick
Old 10th Aug 2005, 11:03 am   #5
Aerodyne
Octode

I attended Cowbit earlier this year. My first time, I met Charles and Jo, his good lady. I picked up one radio but was short of time and couldn't stay for the auction (there certainly was one). Good intelligent conversation with folk who had in some cases travelled considerable distances. A small but lively affair. Charles prefers old technology to new, that's for sure and I can see nothing wrong in that, though I'd like to see a decent web site that would give us all better access to one of the few useful vintage radio magazines.
The next Cowbit meet is scheduled for 23rd Oct. The list from BVWS gave this date, apparently incorrectly, as a Shifnal meet. If I''ve got it wrong (very rare for me, please correct me!
Nice cakes, too
-Tony
Old 10th Aug 2005, 11:43 am   #6
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Hi All,

Yes, there was an attempt to make a website, but the person doing so lost interest - Given that Chas appears to be struck down with computer problems every 18 months, I understand his reluctance to encourage further problems.

Next time I see him I might offer to host a page on my website for basic information/ forthcoming events if anyone thinks that would be useful?

Cheers
Sean
Old 10th Aug 2005, 8:17 pm   #7
Photo_Tube
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodyne
I attended Cowbit earlier this year. My first time, I met Charles and Jo, his good lady. I picked up one radio but was short of time and couldn't stay for the auction (there certainly was one). Good intelligent conversation with folk who had in some cases travelled considerable distances. A small but lively affair. Charles prefers old technology to new, that's for sure and I can see nothing wrong in that, though I'd like to see a decent web site that would give us all better access to one of the few useful vintage radio magazines.
The next Cowbit meet is scheduled for 23rd Oct. The list from BVWS gave this date, apparently incorrectly, as a Shifnal meet. If I''ve got it wrong (very rare for me, please correct me!
Nice cakes, too
-Tony
Sometimes manage to attend the Cowbit one in the small village hall, but have seen auctions advertised at Wetwood, so maybe a case as and when
Old 10th Aug 2005, 8:52 pm   #8
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodyne
The list from BVWS gave this date, apparently incorrectly, as a Shifnal meet. If I''ve got it wrong (very rare for me, please correct me!
There was an error with Radiophile events (Shifnal and Cowbit swapped I think) on the BVWS list that was pointed out to me and corrected a couple of months ago. If there are any more errors let me know and I'll put them right.

Paul
(BVWS webmaster)

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread