UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Aug 2020, 7:26 pm   #1
whyperion
Hexode

Default 78 only record player probably HMV

Question on this one, sorry it will be vague.

In the loft at the salvation army somehow a 78 record player turned up - its heavy and 30steps to heaven in the building to get it, and as yet, if I photoed it I think I lost the mobile it was on. I am hoping just to get an indication of if I offered it for sale, having no time and less space to enjoy it, if there would be interest. Collection only by secure arrangement, no big rush its not being cleared out yet but will be one thing less if refurbishments go ahead to worry about.

It would be valve amp and probably post WW2 , early 1950s.

Would not mind if it only went for spares or for the amp but acquirer would have to take the lot, and I am thinking that a donation of around £40 to £80 seems reasonable, but I do need guidence by PM.

I its definately a cabinet type one with speaker to the base of it from memory and despite being a HMV has a BSR deck i think.

I aim to post better details in a weeks time.

Thanks for the help.
Closed Thread