UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Feb 2008, 3:17 am   #1
mickash
Hexode

Default Hitachi CAP162E Low Brightness

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but...
Has anyone got any service info that they could scan for me on this set which uses the NP8CQ chassis.
It was rediscovered recently in a garage and is suffering from low brightness levels. I'm not sure if the voltages on the tube base are correct but all resistors here seem OK.

Michael.
Old 14th Feb 2008, 3:40 pm   #2
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: Hitachi CAP162E Low Brightness

Hi
Might be wrong on this as I can't find the manual, but there is often a large capacitor on the line output transistor's sub-PCB - grey in colour. C714, 68nF, 1.2kV (probably!). That'll cause a dull picture.
Hope that helps!
Glyn
Old 16th Feb 2008, 9:10 pm   #3
mickash
Hexode

Default Re: Hitachi CAP162E Low Brightness

Thanks Glyn, I've changed that cap. and that's revived it. The original cap. had started to bulge at the ends.
It's got a good picture for a set that's about 27 years old. I think these sets were quite reliable, I can only think of problems with channel selector switches and the odd tuner on them in the past but this is the first problem this set has had. It's been stored in the garage for a couple of years.

Thanks again,

Michael.
Closed Thread