UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Mar 2012, 1:36 pm   #1
whyperion
Hexode

Default Panasonic XBS AM FM Cassette Tape Player TK90Y A

Hello
Cannot find anything on this on the net.
FM repro is a bit difficult to tune in , but only using a short jack to computer wire to test for now. FFWD and Reverse / stop / change direction works on the cassette player , but I cannot get playback , can if I push and hold in the <> marked button which seems to move full mechanism into place against the cassette , presumably a retaining spring or clip is missing and seeing as whole unit must be worth all of a fiver , not really worth playing with , but if anyone has any ideas for easy fix , please let me know
Old 5th Mar 2012, 2:06 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Panasonic XBS AM FM Cassette Tape Player TK90Y A

Could you post a pic? Is this one of those tiny metal-cased 1990s units with the pinch rollers that fold out of the way when you open the door to load a tape? If so, good luck! I scrapped mine as it was just too fiddly to be worth it, and performance wasn't fantastic even when working, in spite of the good specs and highish price.

What exactly happens if you press the play button? Does the motor or amp come on?

Nick.
Old 5th Mar 2012, 2:49 pm   #3
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: Panasonic XBS AM FM Cassette Tape Player TK90Y A

I'd double check that model number, not familiar to me at all.
Closed Thread