UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Apr 2005, 1:05 pm   #1
stevouk
Retired Dormant Member

Default Beocord 1200

Hi everyone- I'm new, and you've guessed it... I'm looking for some advice.

I have a Beocord 1200 (and a Philips N4308) which over the years have served me very well.

However the Beocord has started to slow down and I'm guessing one of the drive belts has deteriorated (it has never been replaced as far as I know). Now I've replaced the drive belts on the Philips before without much difficulty. However I opened up the Beocord and thought, "oh no, I don't think so..."

It's a much much more complex beast inside than the Philips and I just don't have the know-how to work on it. Can anyone give me advice on how to proceed? Should I get it properly repaired/serviced? If so, who do you recommend?

Many thanks in advance!

Steve
Old 16th Apr 2005, 4:54 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Beocord 1200

You can probably do it yourself, but take it slowly.

Make lost of diagrams as you go, adn if you've got a digital camera, take lots of close ups along the way. Print these out and add comments as soon as possible, just to jog your memory when the time comes to reassemble it (could be a while if you have to wait for belts to arrive).

I had to do this on an old Pioneer cassette deck (CTF2121, the one that's front loading but where the cassette sits horizontally) when I was quite new to this game (still at junior school). It was a swine, but it went back together in the end, and has only recently expired

Generally, professional repair is very expensive, and hard to come by. If money's no object, call up the pros. If you're patient and have the right kind of mind, I bet you could do it yourself.

Nick.
Old 16th Apr 2005, 9:53 pm   #3
Stonk
Retired Dormant Member

Hi,

I have an e-mailable service manual for this should you want it! I can also point you in the direction of someone that supplies belts for numerous B & O beocords & turntables.

Give me your email addy by PM or directly.

Steve
Old 18th Apr 2005, 9:36 am   #4
stevouk
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Steve

Have left you a message. Thanks!
Closed Thread