UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Dec 2005, 7:12 pm   #1
Ian Paul
Retired Dormant Member

Default DAC90A Voltage tapping

I've just finished this set which has a early serial number and is fitted with the white coloured mains dropper. The 250V tapping had been broken off so I've had to use the 230V tapping. Given that our average mains is 238V and the volt drop I get across the 950 + 150 section is 118V, I don't think I'll be giving the heater chain or H.T. section too hard a time. Any Thoughts?
Old 7th Dec 2005, 7:24 pm   #2
zak
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: DAC90A Voltage tapping

You could always make up a few volts by changing the dial lamps from 3.5v to 6.5v (.15a)
Old 7th Dec 2005, 7:25 pm   #3
jim_beacon
Retired Dormant Member

Ian,

in these cases I look at the HT volts and the heater voltage. If the heater voltage (current in your case) looks OK, then I wouldn't worry - it will stand a little more HT.

I'm in the middle of a KB QB20, and this doesn't like running on the lower tap (238V into the 230V tap, the same as yours) - the heater voltage went up to 7.5V, which I thought was a little excessive....

You can sometimes repair the droppers with a tag from a burnt out one - though it does require some skill (or ceramic smashing ) to get the tag off the scrap dropper.

Jim.
Old 7th Dec 2005, 7:39 pm   #4
Ian Paul
Retired Dormant Member

I read 113V across heater chain inc. dial lamps, which don't seem to be over bright.
Closed Thread