UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Old 15th Feb 2024, 11:59 pm   #1
vallee7

Default Smiths Scorpio Wall Clock

Hi. A while ago we had this repaired but they used different hands.I would love to see it with the original ones.

Have asked in a Clock repair shop, he told me to contact Smths?? which gave me no confidence.
vallee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2024, 8:34 am   #2
Station X

Default Re: Smiths Scorpio Wall Clock

Is it likely that the original mechanism has been replaced with a quartz movement?

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Station X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2024, 9:16 am   #3
roadster541
Pentode

Default Re: Smiths Scorpio Wall Clock

I have looked in a Smiths catalogue and identified the original style of hands. There is nothing like this available from any of the parts wholesalers which I use. Your only chance is to buy another Scorpio, Fareham, Kensington, Dunbar or Dominica clock and use the hands from one of these. If the movement has been changed for a quartz type, the hands will probably need bushing.
Rod
roadster541 is offline   Reply With Quote