UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Mar 2019, 8:53 pm   #1
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default "The Phone Book".

In all the times I've had a home phone I've always excluded myself from being listed in the BT "phone book".

Despite which I've always been sent a copy, usually along with a "Yellow Pages".

In times-past these were thick tomes - an inch and a half - so were invariably used to optimise the height of desktop PC monitors rather than serving any sort of reference.

I still keep receiving "Phone Books" despite not having been a BT landline-customer for a decade or so. Their current offering is a bit more than 1/4-inch thick...

I guess this really demonstrates the demise of landline-tethered communications. Why would you pay for a BT landline-phone at £20/month plus stupid per-minute voice-call rates when you can get unlimited calls/texts on a mobile for £20/month??
Closed Thread