UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Old 28th Oct 2023, 9:44 am   #1
bart846
Triode

Talking EMI L4 recorder

Hi everyone,
Recently I bought a EMI L4 recorder. As usual the capstan idler wheel has dried out ( amazingly the left spool plate idler is OK as well as the two belts). I will give it a try to order one at Terry's. However therefore I have to remove the upper cover. That looks quite complicated...I cannot see how to remove the two spool plates. Does anyone has any experience in removing the upper cover? And would be willing to tell me about it?
Kind regards, Bart
bart846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2023, 11:43 am   #2
Stevie342000
Hexode

Default Re: EMI L4 recorder

Hello you need the manual and I am sure it is available online do a search ok. Pretty sure I have seen sight of one.

Steve
Stevie342000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2023, 3:09 pm   #3
beamcurrent
Heptode

Look Here:- http://www.tvcameramuseum.org/emi/st...index.html#top

Regards

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV Camera Museum
beamcurrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2023, 6:24 am   #4
bart846
Triode

Thank you for your answers. I do have the manual. Unfortunately there is nothing about removal of the upper cover or reel holders. I would like to disassemble the least possible to get access to the idler wheel....I had hopes of finding someone who has changed the idler and/or belts... 73 Bart
bart846 is offline   Reply With Quote