UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Mar 2016, 12:43 pm   #1
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Golborne swapmeet 10th April

I realise that I will be unable to attend the Golborne swapmeet on 10th April, as I am otherwise engaged that weekend.

As I normally run the Bring and Buy stall at this event, I wonder whether there is someone else who would be willing to do so on this occasion. This entails receiving items from people and establishing an appropriate selling price and whether they wish to donate any proceeds to funds or sell them with a commission (usually 10%) going to funds. People bringing items may need to be reminded that any unsold items (along with any sales proceeds the person has accrued) need to be collected before they depart.

With those items for sale on a commission basis, a note needs to be kept of the owner's identity, the asking price and whether it has sold (including the sale price if different from the asking price) so that the proceeds can be apportioned as necessary. Any proceeds for funds should be handed to Mike Barker (or other representative of BVWS) at the close of the event.

It is helpful to bring a small float for change to be available.

If anyone is willing to consider this but has further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Old 27th Mar 2016, 6:09 pm   #2
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Re: Golborne swapmeet 10th April

I would love to help,

Although I may be able to attend I am on call that weekend for work which means I could get called to go at any time and I would not like to leave the stall at short notice leaving someone to "hold the baby" so to speak.

If I do attend I could certainly help someone else out to run the stall for an hour or 2 though I may need to disappear rather quickly.
Christopher Capener