UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Nov 2015, 11:31 pm   #21
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Radiophile Teaching Workshop 12-13 December 2015

Yes I was aware of that, Paul, but thank you for clearing up any confusion I may have inadvertantly caused.

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Old 30th Nov 2015, 7:51 pm   #22
Radiocruncher
Hexode

Thanks for the response Phil. Seems like I may need a trailer for all my stuff. My sweep generator and oscilloscope are pretty bulky. I will call tomorrow to book in for the 2 days.

Thanks

Graham
Old 11th Dec 2015, 11:26 pm   #23
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Just to confirm that the workshop will run on both days as planned. Looking forward to seeing a few of you there!

Old 14th Dec 2015, 11:46 pm   #24
Martin Bush
Octode

Just a quick note to say how good I thought the event was and to thank those from here who were there...

I couldn't do both days in the end, but got a great deal out of the Saturday. In a few hours, thanks to Keith, I was able to change "that cap" and rewire the speaker and dial bulb wires on a Bush AC34. That set works beautifully now.

And with the help of Rob I (and by "I" mean mainly Rob on his own!) managed to get my Hacker Mayflower 2 working nicely. I think I changed nine components - a doddle for most people but a landmark for me!

Both sets are now set up in the shed (a brick outbuilding with a dehumidifier) ready to be switched on at a moment's notice.

As I loaded my car up I was itching to keep going... but at least I've got a stack of sets to take to the next one.

To anyone that was there that I didn't get to speak to, hopefully we will speak next time. I was amazed at how quickly the day went - If I had my way I'd still have been there at 9pm! In fact I would still be there now...
Old 15th Dec 2015, 12:08 am   #25
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Glad you enjoyed it and found it useful, Martin. Sorry I didn't get to speak to you, but that's not uncommon as the participants usually work alongside one 'expert' as it seems to work better and more consistently when advice is given that way on a one-to-one basis. I was working with Tony mainly, he is a regular attender and I've helped him on the last three workshops.

I'm not sure about further workshop dates, but Chas likes to squeeze in at least two or three over the winter months, normally at Sambrook.

Old 15th Dec 2015, 12:18 am   #26
Martin Bush
Octode

Yes I think I saw you, but was so absorbed in what I was doing I didn't notice the day flying by. I was the chap with the great spot next to the toilets (you may be pleased to know that I have now untangled the mass of wire I had on my station!)

I did ask Chas about the next dates and sort of got an answer... I know there will be more dates, but the chat didn't really get as far as when. I did subscribe to Radiophile though.
Old 15th Dec 2015, 12:56 am   #27
cliff2112
Retired Dormant Member

Can I also add my sincerest thanks to everybody who organised/attended this event, particularly Chas, Phil, Dave (I think) for the informative presentations on both days and the chap from Manchester who gave me a lot of help and encouragement on the Sunday (sorry I didn't catch your name)

Cliff
Closed Thread