UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Jan 2011, 2:23 pm   #1
GrimJosef
Dekatron

Default The HiFi Wigwam Show - 6th March 2011

Just to let those who don't already know about this that it is on again this year. It's unique in that it is run by hifi enthusiasts using their own equipment. It is by no means entirely vintage, but last year there were multiple Quad II sets and a rare pair of Leak TL/12.1s in action. Speakers included the Quad ESL57s. There is also a good deal of modern valve-based kit, so you get the chance to hear what this really sounds like. And the owners will be on hand to discuss reliability, build quality etc. I'll be there with a selection of EL34 based amps including an Audio Innovations Series 800 from the 1980s and my 1960s Dynaco ST-70 and, I hope, the Radford STA15 too ! There are more details on the show's website here http://www.thehifishow.com/

Cheers,

GJ
Old 24th Jan 2011, 11:57 am   #2
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: The HiFi Wigwam Show - 6th March 2011

Excellent,thankyou for posting GJ,I,a show within easy travelling distance.There doesnt seem to be much in Lincs/East mids.Very reasonable entrance fee too.Andy
Old 24th Jan 2011, 7:31 pm   #3
Dickie
Octode

That's the same day as Harpenden. Decisions, decisions.......

Richard, BVWS member
Old 27th Feb 2011, 11:31 am   #4
GrimJosef
Dekatron

Just a gentle reminder. For those of you not going to Harpenden next Sunday, this should be a fun day out seeing and hearing a lot of electronics without anyone trying to sell you anything (well, maybe a raffle ticket ). If you make it do drop into Syndicate Room 12 and say Hi !

Cheers,

GJ
Old 27th Feb 2011, 10:56 pm   #5
Foggy Road
Retired Dormant Member

This looks great! - It's a long while since I've been to a hi-fi show, but this looks really interesting - and the enticement of seeing (and hearing?) an ST-70 makes it doubly so - I built a Joe Curcio modded ST-70 about 20 years ago following his article in one of the first editions of Glass Audio - it's still going strong!

Gordon
Closed Thread