UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 17th May 2019, 9:47 pm   #1
rbm1973
Pentode

Default Going back to the 70's

Well i have decided to take my house back to the 70's early 80's
i now use a 22 inch A823 daily in favour of my pioneer 50 inch fpd
and enjoy every moment of it.
And as i am in poor health my business repairing the modern rubbish i have cut back on in favour of my old stuff.

so i will be on the lookout for some more 70's 80's sets to build a bit of a collection in my lounge,i am already in the process of building a rack for my vcr's etc.

as for the type of equipment manufacturer wise that is not set in stone
although as the user name appears rank stuff takes priority.

Although thorn philips decca gec sony well anything of these era's would be nice.

if anyone has any they wish to part with if it be free or at a price i am willing to pay the asking price.
i will not give a huge want list as i have done before i will just wait patiently to see what people may have.

thanks in advance Simon

BVWS MEMBER
rbm1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 8:11 am   #2
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Going back to the 70's

Sorry to hear your not in good fettle Simon, will you also be wearing nylon shirts, kipper ties and flares? : ) Good luck with the collection.

Andy.
Old 18th May 2019, 9:53 am   #3
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Oh no! This request may uncover another Fidelity AVS2000...

All the very best Simon. It's far more relaxing watching a 22" A823 than getting a stiff neck from scanning a 55" wall platter. Regards John.
Heatercathodeshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 10:35 am   #4
Valvepower
Heptode

Hi Simon,

Firstly, sorry to hear about your ill health.

I’ve recently inherited my late parents’ house which was built in 1967 and I’ve decided to decorate the lounge in a 1970’s style, we decided this after finding my late parents early 70’s Metamec wall clock, which has been long forgotten about being stored away for some 35 years or more.

It rather confuses Builders who we are asking to quote on some light restoration work who automatically want to cover the Artex, pull out the original fireplace and fit nasty spot lighting in the celling.

Sadly, a few 70’s bits and pieces went to the Heart Foundation when we did the house clearance, as we couldn’t keep is all, but I’ll keep an eye open for any 70’s stuff.

And finally, I did find two of my ‘ole Dads Kipper ties – and putting one of these on made me come over all Sweeny like – Guv!

Regards
Terry
Valvepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 10:37 am   #5
evingar
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical Artificer View Post
Sorry to hear your not in good fettle Simon, will you also be wearing nylon shirts, kipper ties and flares? : ) Good luck with the collection.

Andy.

<SHUDDERS>
Only thing worse was nylon bed sheets .... and underpants !
I found by my "Lionel's" kept getting caught in my bicycle chain. Been in "drainpipes" from the late 70s onwards.
Old 18th May 2019, 9:32 pm   #6
rbm1973
Pentode

yes life isn't great but i just make the most of it still working but now spending more time on older stuff.
i have chronic Emphasemia had two heart attacks in last 18 mths one almost fatal and prostate cancer which may not be treatable amongst other ailments which i won't bore everyone with.

i will be more active in here now to help me get along chin up as they say

and yes i am on the hunt for more equipment it is a great comfort to me and takes me back in time when my life was great
rbm1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 9:34 pm   #7
rbm1973
Pentode

here is my tv i watch every day i love it as grew up with them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A823.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	183342