UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 21st Apr 2019, 10:57 am   #1
RobinLodge
Diode

Default Pye vintage radio P45 needs repairing

Hi my husband would dearly love to see his fatherís radio working again. We are able to plug it in and it lights up but nothing else happens. The tuning knob turns it on and off and the tuning knob moves up and down well but thatís it.
I have photos available.
Please let me know if you can help.
RobinLodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2019, 11:33 am   #2
Half a Mullard
Pentode

Default Re: Pye vintage radio P45 needs repairing

Hi and welcome
I don't live near you sadly but hopefully someone will be along who can help. However I would recommend not plugging it again until it can be looked at as damage could result.
I'm guessing you would like it looked at rather than attempting yourself? Might be best if you do not feel happy about it but either way plenty of help from the good folk on here.
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 11:23 pm   #3
RobinLodge
Diode

Thanks for your advice. We are chatting to another helpful member so fingers crossed. Iíll keep posting on here as requested when I know more.
RobinLodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2019, 7:33 pm   #4
Top Cap
Octode

Hi, The P45 seems a fairly straight forward radio for servicing, Northampton is not too far away from Watford Herts so if you get stuck and cannot find anyone closer to you, let me know and I will pick up.
Les