UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2015, 10:26 am   #1
Chestnut
Diode

Default Repair AIWA SD-L22 Micro cassette deck (1980) CAMBRIDGE (will travel)

Hello
I have an AIWA micro system from around 1980 which I bought recently from the original purchaser - it's the high quality system 22 that Aiwa produced in the late 70's consisting of separate pre-amp, power-amp, tuner, and cassette deck. It's all in pristine condition and everything works except the tape deck. It powers up but won't play, rewind etc. Having taken the case off, the innards look A1, but I'm sure all the belts have perished and will need changing. Even though I have the service manual, the whole mechanism has to be removed to get to the belts which is beyond my competence, so I'd prefer to have it repaired by a pro. I live near Cambridge so is there anyone locally or within an hours drive or so that could help?
Many thanks
David
Old 31st May 2015, 8:05 pm   #2
Trev757
Banned

Default Re: Repair AIWA SD-L22 Micro cassette deck (1980) CAMBRIDGE (will travel)

Hi David. I could do it for you, but you would need to post it/bring it to north Bristol (near M4/M32 junction).

Regards

Trevor
Closed Thread