UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Nov 2014, 11:01 pm   #1
Dr-Watts
Heptode

Default Cartridge for Collaro deck needed

Hi all.
I am currently restorng a 1955 Alba record player, but the Collaro RC456 doesn't have a cartridge fitted. I bought an alleged good used one, but it just sounds horrible.
I have had to replace them in the past when they get like this. So distorted and harsh its just torture to listen to.
So does anyone out here have a known good cartridge that will fit his deck please ?
The head of the tone arm is fairly small so the usual culprits don't fit.
I'd really like to keep this original, I don't want to fit a 'modern' flip over type if I can help it.
All costs met.

Many thanks in advance
Dr. Dave