UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Dec 2018, 11:48 am   #1
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Radiophile Magazine - Christmas Issue

Just a quick update about the Christmas issue of The Radiophile. Chas was hoping to get this out by late December, but has asked me to let people know that it is now looking like a late January publication.

Jo (Chas's wife) suffered an accident on 17th November and is still recovering - this means Chas has been helping here more than usual and this is, of course, taking priority, though the magazine is, I understand, coming on well.

Hopefully this will be a temporary situation only and things will improve in the new year.
Old 17th Dec 2018, 8:34 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Radiophile Magazine - Christmas Issue

Many thanks for the update Graham. Best wishes to Mrs Chas! I think us loyal readers know the score. It's great that the Mag is still going in all the ongoing circumstances so a bit of a delay is no great surprise or inconvenience.

Best Wishes,

Dave W
Old 17th Dec 2018, 9:14 pm   #3
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Hope all goes well with Jo.

Regards,

David
Old 12th Mar 2019, 10:57 pm   #4
John KC0G
Hexode

I thought that I would keep this thread alive.

All seems to have gone very quiet on the Radiophile front. I have just spoken to a friend in the UK. He has not seen the magazine which was originally intended for late December, and then late January. The last auction, planned for January 27th, was cancelled and replaced by a workshop and sale of books and magazines.

I hope that Chas and Jo are OK.

73 John
Closed Thread