UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Oct 2015, 11:06 pm   #1
flemming.kirsby
Diode

Default Testing RCA7360 valve on AVO MKIV

Any suggestions? Have made the following test:

They test OK on my HICKOK 800 tester.
The set up I made are as follow!

7360 / no data / 00 / 154 326 611 / 6.3 / 0 / 250 / 250 / 2.6 / 2.2 / B9A

Getting around 2.4 to 2.6 mA/V on the 5 tubes I have in stock more or less same result as on the HICKOK tester, but there its transconductance measured and it varies in same manner as seen on the AVO.

Pl.s. comment
Best regards

Flemming Kirsby
Old 30th Oct 2015, 11:34 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: testing RCA7360 valve on AVO MKIV

That's a seriously weird valve.

The AVO VCM certainly doesn't have the facility to control the voltages on the deflectors, so I suspect it treats them as suppressor grids and puts them at cathode potential (they should be at about 25v if I remember)

With equal deflectors, the beam should deliver 50% of the cathode current to each anode and the overall Gm should be about twice what you quote IF both anode currents are combined.

If your tester is measuring one anode at a time (a good idea for checking balance) then you'll get what you've seen, half the quoted Gm.

David