UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2021, 7:54 pm   #1
AndrewMcIntyre
Triode

Default BSR UA8 exploded view?

Does anyone have a BSR UA8 exploded view of the mechanism? I think I've taken on a project that is too difficult. Perhaps I've been watching too many youtube restoration videos? Anyway I bought a terribly rusted deck which I've stripped and resprayed. I couldn't match the original colour and went for a brown Gold colour. The motor runs well, the speed selector works well. The auto return works. The lever drops new records. Unfortunately the tone arm doesn't move in automatically when a new record is dropped. There were a few missing springs - I've downloaded the user manual. I've also watched every youtube video on this model to try and see if everything is in it's correct position. Unfortunately I think I'll need an exploded view of the deck to check that everything is present and in the correct position and functioning as it should etc. Any assistance please? I'm based in South Africa so you can understand the difficulty in paying in British pounds. It wouldn't be worth it as this deck is probably worth about R350 maximum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210220-WA0044.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	227305   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210221-WA0015.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	227306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210220_151024.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	227307   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210219_181612.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	227308  
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 12:35 am   #2
Michael Maurice

Default Re: BSR UA8 exploded view?

Try this manual

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 9:00 am   #3
AndrewMcIntyre
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maurice View Post
Try this manual
Thanks. I think its the stop pin that needs to be extracted again and cleaned.
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 9:37 am   #4
John10b
Nonode

I like your paint job, it looks tidy. How much rubbing down did you have to do before spraying?
John
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 10:28 am   #5
AndrewMcIntyre
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by John10b View Post
I like your paint job, it looks tidy. How much rubbing down did you have to do before spraying?
John
Thanks. I wouldn't spray it this same colour again if I had to redo it. I'd rather go for a vintage cream colour and a semi metalic brown on the tone arm etc. I used a rust product on the metal and then sanded and re-applied the rest thing. I didn't strip it fully. It wasn't that taxing, just tedious. It's going into a cheap radiogram so it doesn't have to look perfect, just functional.
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 12:18 pm   #6

The motor looks brand new, good job. I quite like the metallic brown, it would go with any wood surround.

Closed Thread