UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Mar 2014, 8:24 pm   #1
Libratron
Pentode

Default Sanyo VTC-5150 Remote control

Hi everybody,

The Sanyo VTC-5150 have a optional remote control?
It's never existed?

Thank You at all.

Greetings,

Matthew
Old 22nd Mar 2014, 10:27 pm   #2
Sanbeta
Hexode

Default Re: Sanyo VTC-5150 Remote control

Hi
No it had the option of a wired remote pause switch, first seen with their HUGE VTC 9300.
If you look on the back of most of the Sanyo Beta's you'll see a 'remote pause' jack (also for using camera's i believe).The VTC NX100 (their last UK Beta) did NOT have this option.
You plugged the end of this very long wire into this remote pause socket and just basically pressed in a switch on the top to pause the vcr (play and recording) and then pushed it again to let the tape carry on.That was it.Ideal if you did'nt like getting up to pause adverts when recording but you had to place the wire carefully so it did'nt get tripped over.
You can still get these on E-bay occasionally.I have one.

Hope this helps.................Kevin
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 6:40 pm   #3
Libratron
Pentode

Thank You, Kevin for your information.
Yes my VTC-5150 have the same connector to the rear.
It's strange for the VTC-5150 not using a complete remote control.

Greetings,

Matteo
Old 25th Mar 2014, 8:39 pm   #4
Sanbeta
Hexode

Hi Matteo.

The VTC 5000 was built down to a price, as was the 5150 and their other budget Beta's.At best manufacturers in the early eighties provided wired remote controls to their basic budget models.If you went mid range to upmarket ,more expensive models ,then a infra red remote was standard.
I think Sanyo did well to achieve the amazing prices they did for that time,especially considering those budget decks out performed most VHS models made at that time, in all price ranges.

...................Kevin
Closed Thread