UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Apr 2014, 3:10 pm   #1
colly0410
Pentode

Default April fools joke.

I was looking for the usual April fools jokes on here but couldn't find any, unless they're that good I didn't spot them...

My favourite one was about TV's from the northern hemisphere showing upside down pictures in the southern hemisphere. It was caused by the opposite magnetic field or was it the earths rotation, can't remember now, but it sounded feasible whichever one it was, it had me taken in for a bit..
Old 1st Apr 2014, 4:07 pm   #2
Tubeglow
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: April fools joke.

Here's one for the books.

My friend had a dish of petrol by him to clean some grease off some metalwork. While he was distracted his cat drank the petrol in the dish.

My friend was really worried because the cat started to go stiff and convulse.
So he put it down to get a blanket. The cat suddenly stood bolt upright and ran round the room really fast. Oh no said my friend its having a fit!

The cat suddenly stopped and fell over.

Is it dead quick check and see if its OK..

Its OK he said its run out of petrol.

tubeglow.
Old 1st Apr 2014, 4:45 pm   #3
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Re: April fools joke.

As noon has passed, I think we'll close the thread. No fooling