UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Feb 2008, 1:16 pm   #1
Radio_Dave
Nonode

Default Dansette 111 carry handle

Hello,

I'm trying to make one, half decent, Dansette 111 from two, rough, examples.

Each radio has a slightly different handle design, but basically they're both made from plain leather.

My concern is that they are both, crudely, cut to length. Did they leave the factory like this or have I been, really, unlucky and accumulated two radios with home made, replacement, handles?

Thanks
David
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 3:13 pm   #2
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Dansette 111 carry handle

Hi David,

Sounds like bad luck to me - I think 111s were always given a plastic handle. They're not especially durable.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008_02230063A.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	15465  
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 6:10 pm   #3
Radio_Dave
Nonode

Default Re: Dansette 111 carry handle

Thank Paul, You've confirmed my worst suspicions, but at least I know what to look for now

Regards
David
Closed Thread