UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Aug 2018, 2:27 pm   #1
retroaudio
Pentode

Default Pye FV1

I have this set. it has a 12 inch tube which is an MW 31-16 but the emissions are poor and it is unlikely that I will be able to boost the tube with a reactivator . I have a Cossor 926 with a defective lopt over wind but a better tube. I was thinking of swapping them round. the tube in the Cossor is a MW 31-74. I am wondering to what extent they are interchangeable as both are 12 inch round tubes form the same period ?

Alex McLaren
Old 15th Aug 2018, 2:49 pm   #2
DangerMan
Heptode

Default Re: Pye FV1

They are fully interchangeable. The MW31-16 was replaced in Mullard’s range by the MW31-74.

Pete
Old 16th Aug 2018, 7:01 am   #3
mark pirate
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye FV1

Quote:
I have this set. it has a 12 inch tube which is an MW 31-16 but the emissions are poor and it is unlikely that I will be able to boost the tube with a reactivator .
I had that problem with the same CRT, as there was nothing to lose, I gave it a tickle on my B&K and it came up a treat, 3 years on the tube is still nice & bright.

It is always worth trying a higher heater voltage if boosting fails to improve it.

Mark
Closed Thread