UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Nov 2017, 5:28 pm   #1
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Default New Year's Day challenge, comes with free chassis!

Mods, I hope this is ok.

I have this assembly ex a RADAR IF strip or demodulator, I can't remember which. It features 3 subminiature 7-pin valve holders.

Who'd like to take up this challenge, which is to build the RF stages of any kind of radio onto this little chassis, using sub-miniature valves?? I've long wanted to do it but as some of you will know, I'm embroiled in another project already.

It's just a bit of fun. I say RF stages only to make it easier, but you can take two valves for the RF side and one for audio for extra kudos!

If this is a popular challenge, then it'll be names in a hat for the chassis, which is FOC, postage only.

There's a deadline, which is New Year's Day 2018, excluding cabinet!
Mods, please could you change title to include New Year's Day challenge! Thank you

If the deadline expires with no result, you can pass it on to someone else, how's about that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C9C03D4A-A4D6-4650-99EC-19B87B9C9598.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	152459   Click image for larger version

Name:	C1362B91-B337-4058-8507-B6083DCEC857.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	152460