UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Jul 2018, 7:03 pm   #1
radiopotty
Retired Dormant Member

Default Philips 2007 Speaker

Would appreciate any help towards repairing a Phillips 2007 Speaker. The speaker appears complete but just can’t be. Separating the ‘two dinner plates ‘ reveals the cone and a moving iron driver unit hanging loose but connected to the speaker cables. The full weight of this driver unsupported by any means nor evidence of any support ever having been provided. Something is wrong here. Has anyone taken this model apart and or do you know the mechanics of the interior of this speaker. Many thanks. Frank.
Old 15th Jul 2018, 8:03 pm   #2
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Phillips 2007 Speaker

Why not upload some photos then we can all see what you are talking about.
Old 16th Jul 2018, 12:00 pm   #3
radiopotty
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Philips 2007 Speaker

Will do. May take a few days.
Old 16th Jul 2018, 1:30 pm   #4
PJL
Dekatron

I have one of these, it is complete and undamaged and still has the wax seals (with impressions) so has never been opened up. There is just the one problem with it - it's open circuit .

If you can't find the info you need I might be persuaded to break the wax seals!
Old 18th Jul 2018, 10:11 am   #5
petervk2mlg
Heptode

I found this pic on the 'net. Might be of assistance.
Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Philips 2007.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	166223  
Old 19th Jul 2018, 4:34 pm   #6
radiopotty
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks Peter.

I was ready to download some pictures but you thumb nail says it all. I have a boj up here. Will need to make a frame of some kind and fit the driver unit that I have.

PJL.I have had such rewinds done from time to time.I can send you the name of the bloke if you wish.

Many thanks all. Frank
Old 20th Jul 2018, 12:08 am   #7
PJL
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiopotty View Post
PJL.I have had such rewinds done from time to time.I can send you the name of the bloke if you wish.
Shouldn't be too difficult to make a replacement bracket.
I have rewound headphones and horns by hand before and have plenty of the right wire gauge. Before I take it apart though I want to be sure I can get the impression on the wax seals back. Like you do, I packed it away as soon as I discovered it was open circuit and it wouldn't easily come apart. I am not even sure I got as far as checking the in-line impedance switch as I think that was sealed too. My other excuse is it is untouched and it seemed a shame to mess about with it.
Closed Thread