UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Sep 2018, 5:45 am   #1
joebog1
Banned

Default Antrim transformer specs

Hello all,
I have an Antrim toroidal transformer that has a number, but I cannot find any specifications for it. Apparently it was taken out of an English phono pre amp ( phono ? ) kit.

The part number is 3588CMP
It is dated 3/97
There is a number after the Antrim name in brackets, but maybe its a phone number? (01849 428734 )
it has two primaries of I guess 115 volts, or perhaps 120 volts
one high voltage secondary
one low voltage secondary

Does any body have any data for this unit.
I can always use my own deductions and they are as follows:
It appears to be a standard core diameter of "either" 60 watts, or 80 watts.
It has an external flux band so hence that bit of the confusion,the insulation thickness, and the thickness of the flux band can vary.
Also the flux density could fit either toroid diameter.

low voltage secondary wire guage is 1.15mm
high voltage secondary wire guage is .35mm
Primary wire guage is .25mm

I can rate the traffo "roughly" from the wire guages and core diameter, but I thought maybe somebody here could help?

Thanks in advance

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Antrim.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	168827  
Old 6th Sep 2018, 9:43 am   #2
John10b
Nonode

Default Re: Antrim transformer specs

I can’t help you with transformer specifications, but if you get no joy from other forum members this may help. Antrim acquired by Trans-Tronic, of Derbyshire, UK in 2008, email: enquiries@trans-tronic.co.uk.
Cheers
John
Old 6th Sep 2018, 5:51 pm   #3
Goldie99
Heptode

Default Re: Antrim transformer specs

I have a couple of NOS Antrim toroids - the purchaser of Antrim supplied the essential data by return email a week or so ago - they couldn't supply full data, but gave me what they had very quickly. Just drop them an email.

Alan
Closed Thread