UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jan 2014, 7:43 pm   #1
yesnaby
Octode

Default Hose for Hoover 417G cylinder vacuum cleaner

Hello,

Trying to find this, the vacuum cleaner dates to 1962 I think. The hose is white in colour and expandible and 'slinky'. I've looked on the Internet but can't find anything. Local repairer says he can get one from somewhere in Manchester but it is brown, not white.

Michael
Old 28th Jan 2014, 9:05 pm   #2
AndiiT
Octode

Default Re: Hose for Hoover 417G cylinder vacuum cleaner

Hi,
You don't mention if you have the original hose or if you are looking for the whole assembly, but if you do have a damaged original I think that most of the Hoover hoses were similar, the only part that differed was the end that fitted in the cleaner body itself.

You may be able to source a hose from another Hoover model and modify it to fit your cleaner.

Regards

Andrew
Old 28th Jan 2014, 9:28 pm   #3
yesnaby
Octode

Hello Andrew,

I have the original hose with the two fittings, one at each end. (Actually now I come to think of it, the hose is probably not original: I have a vague memory it was replaced when I lived in Watford in the 1970s!)

Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	417Ga.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	88360  

Last edited by yesnaby; 28th Jan 2014 at 9:58 pm. Reason: Photo of similar item added
Old 28th Jan 2014, 10:46 pm   #4
shaun harris
Tetrode

Hi there,

I had a similar problem with the hose on my Constellation.

I found a Hoover Junior toolkit at my local carboot sale for a couple of pounds. All I needed to do was change the fitting on the end of the tube; might be worth your while to have a look.

Cheers shaun

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 29th Jan 2014 at 10:18 am. Reason: Readability.
Closed Thread