UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Dec 2009, 12:28 pm   #41
geofy
Retired Dormant Member

Post Re: Replacing an electrodynamic speaker with a fixed magnet?

That appears to be one of the tuning coils, provided the wires are not broken you should slide it back as near as posible to the original markings and glue it in place, even a drop of paint is better than nothing. It would be good if the original speaker could be made to work better.

Geof
Old 11th Jan 2010, 1:15 pm   #42
jimmy74
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Replacing an electrodynamic speaker with a fixed magnet?

URGENT HELP NEEDED- I sent the fully working radio back to it's owner last week , but it got there and wasn't working, so he decided to send it back to me to find out what is wrong. I received it this morning in absolute nightmare conditions, here's what I've got now:

1) the speaker panel was completely out of place and dancing around inside the wooden box together with the radio chassis!!!!
2) the radio chassis has got a few bumps and bent angles
3) the big tuner wheel (right off the variable cap) that winds the cord is loose and seems to have snapped off the mounting bolt right at the centre.
4) the cord has completely come out of it's original position
5) there's a little spring right on the tuner wheel which seems to have come loose

As you can see the radio needs some serious repairs, and I'll need some help trying to find that tuner wheel, if it is something that is findable.

thanks for any help at all
Closed Thread