UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Nov 2018, 4:44 pm   #1
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Garrard 2025TC circlip

I hate to ask this question as i’ve done it many times on other players, but how do you remove the circlip from a Garrard 2025tc turntable? The mat is glued down and there is a smaller metal ring around the spindle hole which seems to be blocking access. I know one issue could be that i dont have the special tool and i just use a small flat head screwdriver to prise it out.

Thanks

Edit: ive done it, i removed the mat and it came right off.

Last edited by 19Seventy7; 11th Nov 2018 at 4:52 pm.
Old 11th Nov 2018, 4:47 pm   #2
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: Garrard 2025tc circlip

gently pry away the metal trim, then it's a case of separating the 'teeth' of the circlip slightly and lifting up. Note carefully/photograph which way round it goes before removal!
Old 11th Nov 2018, 6:25 pm   #3
RojDW48
Nonode

For future ref (so you don't have to unglue the mat) the decorative round plate in the centre has 3 little lugs which slot into a recess in the mat itself - remove the spindle and pull the plate sideways to reveal.
Old 11th Nov 2018, 10:06 pm   #4
19Seventy7
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojDW48 View Post
For future ref (so you don't have to unglue the mat) the decorative round plate in the centre has 3 little lugs which slot into a recess in the mat itself - remove the spindle and pull the plate sideways to reveal.
Thank you! I did think of that, but it just seemed to bend the metal. i'll definitely keep that in mind as it will need some cosmetic work in the near future.

Thanks
Closed Thread