UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Sep 2005, 5:34 pm   #1
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Default Vortexion W.V.B.

Vortexion W.V.B.

I was given this recorder in about 1980 by a customer who said he was going to restore it but would never get round to it. It is in poor condition but in my opinion restorable. It uses the Wearite deck and has two 8-inch reels with it. The deck and the electronics chassis look complete, but the lid catches, the mains lead and some fixing screws are missing.

My interest is radio and this recorder could be cannibalised for the valves and transformers but I would prefer to offer it free to a reel-to-reel collector to restore or use as a parts donor to get a similar early recorder going. Please don’t ask for it to strip for valves and transformers etc. I will reluctantly do that if there are no takers.

Here is the catch. This recorder is very heavy and I am not willing to post it. It will have to be collected from South Lincolnshire.
Old 24th Sep 2005, 5:51 pm   #2
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Vortexion W.V.B.

Hi Colin,

I would be very interested in this machine - to restore - I have several machines but not got a Vortexion, which I have lusted after for a while

The problem is that my car's in bits and I wouldn't be able to collect for an indeterminate time depending on how good I can get at welding... hopefully this year though...

If you're in a hurry to get rid of it and another collector's interested, I'll keep on looking.

Regards, Kat

PS, you have a PM as well - and I've just got more excited when I realised this is the three head one

Last edited by Kat Manton; 24th Sep 2005 at 6:14 pm.
Old 24th Sep 2005, 8:07 pm   #3
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Hi Kat

You have a PM
Old 25th Sep 2005, 9:48 am   #4
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Manton
Hi Colin,

I would be very interested in this machine -
Hi All

Just confirming that the Vortexion has found a good home.
Closed Thread