UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2011, 5:30 pm   #81
Alistair D
Nonode

Default Re: 2011 Scottish Meet

Just back from the Scottish meet and what a thouroughly enjoyable afternoon it was.

A special thank you to Norman Raeburn for hosting the show. I am sure he wont mind me mentioning this but if you live near him, please drop in and have a sausage roll otherwise he will be eating them for weeks.

Thanks again to all

Al
Old 8th May 2011, 6:16 pm   #82
murphyv310
Dekatron

Hi.
A cracking day again, nice to see the "old" faces and meet new ones! Norman's wife put on a smashing spread, I came back with more stuff than I brought (Oh Dear) and I had no room left to take any things I brought back home "sorry Norman"!
Safe journey To Dave Moll & David Boynes who travelled the furthest.
Old 8th May 2011, 6:19 pm   #83
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Would like to say THANK YOU Norman and of course his wife for what was a superb day.It was great to meet up with old and new faces.
The weather was some what kinder than tipped.

Best Regards David +Pam+HamishBoxer himself!
Old 8th May 2011, 6:26 pm   #84
peter_scott
Dekatron

Many thanks to Norman and his wife and any others who helped make this another very enjoyable day.

Apart from the excellent company and first class catering some really good kit changed hands. On the display side Norman had his Ekco TMB, Bush TV22 and Pye VT17 working beautifully all day. Each one displaying the full 3MHz on the test card.

As for the weather we probably had most of the time in warm sunshine. As for the rest it poured but facilities were excellent and nothing and no one got wet.

Well done!

Peter
Old 8th May 2011, 10:19 pm   #85
Ken
Hexode

Hi Norman

Can I just add my thanks to you and your wife for the great day we had. I particularly liked the Pye VT17 which was the first TV my family had and so brought on a wave of nostalgia. It has also put me in the mood again to get a TV. Is this a bad thing?

Thanks again,

Ken.
Old 9th May 2011, 9:18 am   #86
radioman
Heptode

Thanks Norman for the fantastic day and also to your wife for the superb selection of food.
It's my fault that Trevor had no room left in his van as I'd filled it up with my stuff ! - sorry....
Good to see all the familiar faces plus a few new ones too.

Best regards,
Andy
G-QRP #12697
Old 9th May 2011, 12:28 pm   #87
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Hi Folks, I would like to say a big thanks to all who attended the Scottish Meet and made the day a success. It was a good day despite the showers and it was great to meet everyone old and new. We would be quite happy to do it again but thats another topic. Best wishes to everyone and I hope you all had a safe journey home. Norman
Old 9th May 2011, 2:08 pm   #88
fidobsa
Retired Dormant Member

I would like to add my thanks to Norman and his wife for hosting this years event and providing a fantastic spread of nosh. I've not long got back to Nuneaton where I was very relieved to find my missing passport!
Old 9th May 2011, 2:35 pm   #89
murphyv310
Dekatron

That's Great news Phil.
Safe journey to Hungary!
Old 9th May 2011, 3:55 pm   #90
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Thanks to Norman (and Mrs Raeburn) from me also for hosting an feeding the group.

May I add my apologies to Trevor, and thanks to Andy, for taking away two of the boxes of magazines that I brought. What a shame there wasn't room for the large box of Practical Electronics magazines - which will now be available to anyone attending NVCF, along with a few other goodies which will re-appear at the NVCF Bring & Buy.

A long drive there and back, but an enjoyable day.
Old 9th May 2011, 7:28 pm   #91
David Simpson
Nonode

I'll wholeheartally endorse other folks thanks to Norman & his wife for holding the Swap-Meet. Unfortunately, once again I've missed it, due to a poorly belly, not a poorly car as was the case last year.
As Trevor,Andy,Phil,Duncan & others will confirm, I've heaps of surplus decent test eq. in just about every corner of the house. And, I'm not looking forward to un-packing the car now that I'm able to get up & stray a bit more from the bog.
I've made offers to one or two Forum chaps who might like to pop up this way for a camping/caravaning or bedded stay. The only caveat is that you come with plenty of boot-space for the return journey, no dosh required. Certainly, that offer is extended to Norman & his wife as a "thank you".

Best Regards, David
Old 9th May 2011, 9:23 pm   #92
kalee99
Rest in Peace

Smile Re: 2011 Scottish Meet

Hi all,
Another great wireless doo! Big thank you to Norman & his wife for hosting a great day. It was touch & go as to if I could get; but I am so glad I made the journey Went back with the car almost empty so thought I had loads of "brownie", points! But alas not to be. Got home only to find that the wireless fairy had been and left an AR88 in the hall! Needless to say "her indoors", is very very
Ah well cannot win them all.
Paul
Old 9th May 2011, 9:45 pm   #93
Alistair D
Nonode

Had the AR88 been there I would have had it in a flash.

Sorry if that does not make you feel any better about forgetting it.

Al
Old 9th May 2011, 9:56 pm   #94
kalee99
Rest in Peace

It arrived while i was up in Scotland!
Paul.
Old 9th May 2011, 10:51 pm   #95
flyingtech55
Octode

May I also add my contribution to the general approbation of Sunday's event. It was a great day out and a real pleasure to meet up with everyone again as well as meet new folk whose names I had only previously known from the forum. It was also a fine thing to be ferried up and back by Trevor in his trusty Fiat thus relieving me of any driving duties.

The conversation was lively, interesting and diverse. Norman's display of working, vintage TVs was impressive with a similar varied selection of radios. It was good to see a real, working TV workshop again. These are becoming a rare thing and I can see the day coming when they will be all but extinct.

The amount and variety of food which just 'appeared' during the course of the day was genuinely awesome. Mrs 'Norman' must have worked like a Trojan to produce such a constant supply of goodies.

My thanks to you all for your generosity of spirit and the pleasure of your company; I am already looking forward to the next meet.

TimR