UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Dec 2014, 1:52 am   #21
suebutcher
Heptode

Default Re: The madness continues...

It's not madness at all. "Busy hands mean a serene heart." In my case it may have been a result of poverty, but that's irrelevant now. My problem is wanting to keep everything I fix, and not knowing when good enough is enough and when to give up and do something else. I'm working on that.
Old 26th Dec 2014, 9:25 am   #22
eric8650
Pentode

My Biggest Mistake.

Back in the 70's I was given a pair of Quad power amps with the control unit and boyh the tuners. For 20 years I kept these all the time thinking one day I'll find A big old radiogram cabinet to put the into. Every time I connected them up they sounded wonderful. All original complete with original valves. When I moved here to Skegness some 20 years ago They seem to have disappeared. Asked the wife if she had seen the box and found that she had thrown them out just before we left. Looking at the prices they fetch today I cry very time I think about them.

Dave
Old 4th Mar 2015, 11:50 pm   #23
Jim McLay
Tetrode

In the summer of '65 I was trundling along Barton Dock Road in Manchester on my NSU Quickly moped on my way to AEI Scientific Apparatus on a holiday job, when I came across a colossal bundle of 1-foot lengths of braided sleeving in 't' middle of 't' road. There must have been over 100 of them, about 2mm inside diameter.

Well, finders keepers, there was no-one around, so I stashed them in the ruck-sack and on to work.

Now, nearly 50 years later, I've just used the last inch on my replica TRF, which is sad, because I need at least another couple of feet.

I'm now thinking of going back there . . .

Old 29th Aug 2015, 1:09 pm   #24
mcousins
Triode

Smile Re: The madness continues...

Further to my previous madness post... My Wife and I have just returned to Perth from England. While there, I had to go through the last of my late Fathers
belongings, including remnants from our 80's business. This included a stack of service manuals and a 3V29, 3V16 and 8930 (Baird/RR). I decided to somehow bring the 3V29 & 3V16 back to Perth Australia and after some persuasion and threats of huge courier bills, I got Wifey to agree to suitcase them back, one in each of our cases.
Apart from having to repack twice and jettison some incidentals at Heathrow to satisfy weight requirements we have got them home safely.

Both these machines have sat in an outside shed for 20+ years. The 3V29, after a reluctance to wind initially, works perfectly, even the loading belt has held up. The 3V16 has suffered from thickened grease. mostly top deck but will come good. The clock display however is missing multiple segments, so will need investigating. It also has a missing V-Lock knob at the rear and being a RR 8940 has a missing front panel badge, I believe a Fergy 3292 badge would do the trick. Can anyone help me with either of these two items? Some would say "WHY??" But I know I'm talking to the converted here
Closed Thread