UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Sep 2020, 2:38 pm   #1
pentoad
Hexode

Default Celestion county speaker units in samaller cabinet

I have a pair of Celestion County speakers in working order but in shabby cabinets. I also have a pair of Wharfedale Denton speakers which have non funtioning tweeters and tatty 8" bass units, however the cabinets are very good. The idea is to transfere the speaker units form the County's to the smaller Dentons. I understand that the 8" County units were also housed in a smaller cabinet the same size as the Denton maybe called Hadleigh, is that the case?
I know these speakers are crap but they would be more usable in a smaller bookshelf size just for background music.
Old 30th Sep 2020, 6:50 am   #2
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Celestion county speaker units in samaller cabinet

You've nothing to loose and better than a lot of the tat they turn out and call speakers or whatever daft name speakers are called nowadays.

Andy.
Old 30th Sep 2020, 7:21 am   #3
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Indeed - suck it and see. I'd be inclined to swap the crossovers as well. And neither design is crap - I listened quite happily to a pair of Bush-badged Dentons for some time in days of yore, and the Counties were cut from similar cloth - decent budget fare.
Old 30th Sep 2020, 12:07 pm   #4
pentoad
Hexode

I think I will go ahead.
Sorry the "crap" description was rather harsh!
Closed Thread