UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Sep 2018, 9:45 pm   #1
Valvepower
Octode

Default Fi-Cord 202A

Hello,

Whist tidying the workshop in preparation for the move I came upon a Fi-Cord 202A tape machine I’d forgotten about. I’ll keep this and put in the one day I’ll do something with it pile

I’ve found the service manual on hi-fi Engine site, which is useful, but there is no mention of the external power supply. Looking at the circuit I figure the power supply generates two supplies (same terminal voltage as the on-board batteries) one for the electronics and another for the motor?

Has anyone got any information on the power supply – I figure it’ll be simple affair, which can be recreated using two TO220 voltage regulators, but it would be nice to have sight of an original, or even getting my hands on an original power supply!

Finally, has anyone worked on one recently? I’ve found a few posts on the forum, but anything new would be of interest. Are they worth restoring?

Thankfully, I’ve a couple of the unusual jack plugs in the bag of bits with the machine.

Regards
Terry
Closed Thread