UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2016, 3:22 pm   #1
brenellic2000
Octode

Default 'Autogram' / Plessey portable record player, 1960s

I'm updating my Brenell history and wonder if anyone knows of a Plessey battery-portable 7" record player of the late-1960s/early 1970s?

Plessey bought the rights to the Cosmogram 'Autogram' around that time primarily for 'third world' export markets. It had a push-in auto-start and auto-stop/reject feature. The original 'Autogram' looked much like a compact ladies' shoulder bag which fully took in the record (unlike the contemporary 'Wondergram'). It was designed to operate at any angle and when walking. Alas my only photo doesn't reproduce well.

Did Plessey also market it in the UK?

Barry
Closed Thread