UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Jun 2013, 6:09 pm   #1
Radio Tech
Nonode

Default Modulation Transformer

Hello everyone,

Anybody out there got an AVO ALL Wave Oscillator they don't need? I am looking for the modulation transformer for mine. The secondary winding has gone open circuit. I would obviously pay postage ect for the item, this oscillator is the mains driven one which has the two L63 amplifying triodes so is there one out there I can grab for spares? If someone wants to send a pm regarding one welcome it.

Best Wishes

Ken
Old 14th Jun 2013, 9:01 am   #2
Aub
Nonode

Default Re: Modulation Transformer

Hi,

If you can't find a replacement, you could try using a mains transformer with the same physical dimensions.

Cheers

Aub
Old 14th Jun 2013, 9:18 am   #3
Nicklyons2
Octode

This is not a piece of gear I know but could I suggest that a 100volt audio line transformer may be a solution. They are audio bandwidth capable not 50/60Hz optimised and they have a range of taps which may give room for maneouvre. If you're stuck & want one to try I'll send you one for the cost of the postage,
Nick
Old 14th Jun 2013, 3:34 pm   #4
Radio Tech
Nonode

hello nicklon2,

Please if you will, send what you have in the post and I'll give it a try, postage should not be a great deal just a few pounds

Cheers

Ken

I guess you can obtain postal address, but if you get stuck let us know and i will pm it
Old 14th Jun 2013, 7:40 pm   #5
Nicklyons2
Octode

Ken, if you would PM me your address and the sort of dimensions your looking for - I've got 3 sizes - so I'll send the nearest, Nick
Closed Thread