UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Oct 2015, 10:39 pm   #1
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Exclamation Grundig Emden III Car radio MW/LW not working

This is a late 1960s/early 1970s car radio, which I have been asked to repair by a fellow forum member. Having discovered that the AM Oscillator coil is open circuit, I set about removing the coil pack from the tuner and established that the coil was o/c at both ends, i.e., having found a break at the outer end of the winding there is still no continuity through the coil from the break point to the other end. Having made several attempts to find and repair the other break, without success, it looks as if the coil is irreparable without completely rewinding it, which won't be easy, due to the way the coil is constructed (see pictures in my post in 'Sets & Parts Wanted') Having tried to PM the owner, who has 'exceeded his quota' so the message can't be sent, I hope he'll see this post instead
Closed Thread