UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Dec 2018, 11:43 am   #21
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Scanning an existing PCB ?

If you are prepared to draw a solid line round each track feature, then with area fill it should be possible to turn tracks solid black and board solid white.

It's unlikely to take as long as the poor draughtsman had to spend with reels of black tape and sticky shapes to make the original master!
.........O..Chris....O
Old 4th Dec 2018, 12:14 pm   #22
Terry_VK5TM
Nonode

When I was a trainee with the New Zealand Post Office, I saw some very experienced draughtsman paste up complex pcb's in a matter of hours with tape and pads.

No way could I have done it and probably couldn't even now.

And in case anybody's wondering, the NZPO did international radio, ship to shore and the telephone system amongst other things, as well as delivering mail, back in those days.
Old 4th Dec 2018, 12:49 pm   #23
Jolly 7
Octode

Thanks Terry. This brings back some old memories. I am not sure when Radio NZ International finally closed down, but I did have their QSL card. Their signature tune was the call of a bellbird:
https://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2584672
Old 4th Dec 2018, 4:43 pm   #24
Panrock
Nonode

I got this far last night after about ten minutes with Paint Shop Pro. It still needs cleaning up and the holes doing. If this is of any use, and anybody wants to finish the job off, they're welcome.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4003.gif
Views:	80
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	173954  
Old 4th Dec 2018, 7:21 pm   #25
Jolly 7
Octode

Hi Steve, this is of great help. I should have some time over Christmas to polish this up in Photoshop Elements. Thanks for your interest. It would be most interesting to see if it is eventually possible to turn this into a working radio. Most of it will have to be trial and error as I don't have the circuit diagram. I think I've figured out where the oscillator coil and IFTs will go. It also seems that this design uses a push-pull output using classic T1 T2 audio output transformers.
Old 4th Dec 2018, 7:38 pm   #26
Philips210
Nonode

Hi

The OP's PCB looks to be very old by the dark colour of the SRBP and the design of the copper foil. It may have come from an Empire made radio or radio kit from the 1960s.

It may be possible to use components such as the IFTs, oscillator coil, ferrite slab aerial, tuning capacitor, driver and output transformers from one of those Chinese AM radio kits such as this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parts-Rad....c100505.m3226

Regards
Symon.
Closed Thread