UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Dec 2021, 9:21 pm   #1
JamH1986
Diode

Default Stereosound C10 needle/arm help

Evening, I'm after a bit of help, I have just acquired a Stereosound productions C10, someone was giving it away and would make an absolutely amazing wedding present for a couple I know if I can get it working. I have been told it needs a new needle and they said maybe an arm. Could anybody point me in the right direction of where to start looking please? Also wouldn't mind getting some speakers for it too.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1638552560297.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	247242  
Old 3rd Dec 2021, 11:01 pm   #2
jamesperrett
Octode

Default Re: Stereosound C10 needle/arm help

You won't be able to replace the arm but you can almost certainly buy a new stylus (aka needle). I had a couple of those BSR turntables with my first DJ setup but they had a narrower headshell than the one in the picture so it would be helpful to have a closeup picture of the end of the arm.

Are there any numbers on the existing stylus?
Old 4th Dec 2021, 9:08 am   #3
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Stereosound C10 needle/arm help

You will find speakers to suit this are very cheap. Search Online for a pair of 8 ohm units and expect to pay £25 to £35-00 for a pair. People often say "it needs a new needle" when maybe the fault may lay elsewhere. A close up of the arm and cartridge in the BSR P series deck will help us much more to advise you.