UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Apr 2022, 1:44 pm   #1
promoter2000
Triode

Default SONY KV 14LT1E turns itself off after a few minutes

Hello everyone. My Sony KV 14LT1E crt TV - FE2 chassis - for a few days turns off by itself after 7/8 minutes (from cold) or 1/2 minutes (from hot) without showing any flashing on the front red led. Entering the service menu there are no errors (everything is zero) and the screen works perfectly until it switches off by itself with the usual "click" of the relay (as if you put it on standby from the remote control). After switching off I have to wait at least 30 seconds before I can switch it back on (if I try it before nothing happens). Since this defect arose, I have also noticed that the increase in channels (prog + / prog-) from the remote control and front keypad do not work (so if it turns off from stand by to restart I have to press a number on the remote control otherwise it remains waiting until it turns itself off after a while). Has anyone fixed the same defect on these FE2 chassis? If so, how? If not, what could be causing the failure (I am not a technician and unfortunately I no longer find repairers able to fix it)? Thank you all.
Closed Thread