UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Oct 2019, 3:35 pm   #1
beery
Heptode

Default Cossor Tele-Check 1320

Hi all,
for a bit of fun I decided to resurrect an old Cossor Tele-Check.

It looks a bit rough on the outside, but on the inside it is very clean.
All the resistors measured ok.
Some of the capacitors had been replaced already.
The 7Y4 rectifier had been replaced with two diodes and a resistor.

I decided to remove the rectifier mod and fit a new valve. Also to fit a new smoothing capacitor.

The diode modification had bright green furry solder joints and a disintegrating resistor. The solder seemed to have a high melting point and the green crystalline copper deposits turned out to be on a sticky substance (plumbers flux paste?).

I was not going for originality, so I just fitted a couple of smoothing caps that I had to hand, with one fitted under the chassis.

With a new aerial connector and a new rectifier valve it was time to fire it up.

The results were ok ish. It kind of works. The RF frequency is quite a bit off. The frame pattern is stable, but the 80KHz line pattern drifts a lot. The sweep function does not seem to work properly.

That's probably all I will do with it. It's not a great piece of kit, but I suppose back in the day it would have been better than nothing. The later version, the 1322, looks to be a much better prospect. If the 1320 had been any good I would have fitted a new flex with an earth and an isolated Belling-Lee socket.

Anyway, all good fun

Cheers
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191028_215308s.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	192610   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191028_215715s.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	192611   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191028_215727s.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	192612   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191029_000110s.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	192613   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191029_000201s.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	192614  

Old 21st Nov 2019, 10:06 pm   #2
ChristianFletcher
Heptode

Default Re: Cossor Tele-Check 1320

That’s interesting Andy. I’m just playing with one but I don’t have a television to test it on so I must be quite mad LOL. Thanks. Why does the carrier frequency not match the calibration on the dial. I have just posted a question about this in the television section.

Thanks

Regards Chris