UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Dec 2014, 10:44 pm   #21
Variometer
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Etching with vinegar

Thanks for all the replies. I don't mind working with Sodium Persulphate myself, but when writing about things like that, I am aware that the authorities seem terrified of anything remotely dangerous with legal action always lurking in the background. Same goes for high voltages associated with mains equipment. I don't mind working with them myself, but don't want to get myself in deep water because someone has managed to damage themselves through reading whatever I write. Even the Meccano sets of old with their sharp four cornered nuts are rather "too dangerous" for the modern child. I used to stab myself with the screwdriver regularly in years gone by, but I seldom do it now because it made me more careful!
Waiting for a vinegar etch doesn't bother me too much, just dump it in and leave it overnight!
Bob
Closed Thread