UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Apr 2014, 11:35 am   #21
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Radiomobile 1070 interference from tool rack !

Probably an earlier one, such as the 970/980 or 125. These had larger IFTs which were easily openable. Those used in the 1070 and related models were small cans < 0.5" square, which weren't easily openable, although some versions did have the capacitors mounted in a recess in the base of the can
Old 1st Apr 2014, 11:38 am   #22
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

No, they were certainly small and not easily opened IFT's.
Old 1st Apr 2014, 9:57 pm   #23
crackle
Rest in Peace

An analogue test meter is fine on ohms range, follow the advice from Livewire.
For a little more explanation, for the leakage test between the centre conductor and screen there should be no reading on the meter (infinity). For continuity between the aerial tip and the tip of the plug there should be full deflection on the meter i.e. only an ohm or so.
Back in the 70's when I changed the aerial on an old car of mine, I found that the radio worked best with the aerial bracket grounded to the body of the car where it was bolted. This required scraping rust and paint off from under the wing around the existing hole where the old aerial was.
Mike
Closed Thread